The BP Supply and trading school leaver programme offers an ideal platform for top performers to work in a trading business
The supply and trading school leaver programme is an alternative to university that provides you with the relevant skills and experiences needed to succeed in a business role. You will receive the appropriate development needed to be a high performing and valued employee.
Rewards and benefits
The supply and trading school leaver programme will help you make a very real impact on our business. We recognise the contribution you make with a whole range of benefits including a competitive salary plus benefits that include a pension, inner London allowance, subsidised meals and subsidised gym membership.
We look for school leavers with A-Level ABB or above grades, International Baccalaureate 27 or above or a BTEC Extended Diploma DDM or above along with the determination and passion it takes to flourish.
The supply and trading school leaver programme aims to provide you with the foundations to build a long term, successful career with us. You will be placed in 4 different front office roles as an active member of your team. You would receive on the job learning and be line managed and coached by senior members of your team.
The programme offers:
- A 5 year structured training and development programme.
- Four job rotations in front office roles and have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of commercial activity in our oil, gas and shipping sectors such as:
- Analysing Market Data.
- Working with Product Control.
- Supporting operations team on a trading bench.
- Working with the derivatives marketing team.
- Supporting commercial trading as part of a financial team.
- A buddy and a mentor will be assigned to you to help support and advise you on your desired career path.
- We will work with you to determine the best career path that could take you into commercial operations, trading or other parts of supply and trading.
At the end of the 5 year programme we will help you secure a permanent role in the organization in your chosen occupation. Alternatively, for those interested in a career in trading you will have the opportunity to become a trader.
Application and assessment