Whether you’re working on the remote shores of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, or in our state-of-the-art labs in Houston, Texas, a career with us can take you practically anywhere
We offer a variety of programmes for graduates and wherever your talents lie, you’ll gain exposure to real projects and technologies right from the start.
Our programmes typically last 18-36 months in length and in some cases offer a rotation through different areas of our business.
You’ll get the opportunity to build technological understanding and specific career skills, and lay a firm foundation for the rest of your career.
All this hands-on experience will be backed up by a full programme of structured learning, support from mentors ongoing feedback and development.
Rewards and benefits
- A competitive salary based, plus an annual bonus
- A BP employee savings plan
- A BP retirement accumulation plan (pension plan)
- A medical, dental and vision programme
- Disability plans and various insurance plans
- Vacation and family friendly working plans
- Professional and personal development
- To apply, you must hold an undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum 3.2 GPA overall, in a discipline relevant to your chosen field
- On top of this we look for the interest, determination and passion it takes to flourish
Intern / Co-op opportunities
Our internship programme is a chance to start learning and growing with us as you work on some of the most exciting and technically challenging projects our industry has to offer. We offer paid 1 year co-op opportunities or 12 week structured internships.
In engineering, you could work on projects to develop pipelines and help create innovations that harness alternative energy. In science, you might be involved in exploring for new reserves or developing cleaner fuels. Or in business, you could gain broad exposure to a variety of functions – and crucial business decisions.
Rewards and benefits
- A highly competitive salary and allowances
- Corporate housing available at all internship locations, paid for in full by BP
- Relocation assistance provided for students moving more than 50 miles for an internship position
- BP employee savings plan
- Non-contributory BP retirement accumulation plan
- Personal development and training
- The chance to get involved in a wide range of social activities
- To apply, you’ll need to be in your junior year of university
- You must have a minimum 3.2 GPA average in a relevant degree
- You’ll also need to be a U.S. citizen and/or permanent resident of the United States