The annual Energy Outlook reflects our best effort to describe the “most likely” trajectory of the world’s energy system. This edition updates our view of the likely path of global energy markets and extends it to 2035. We make assumptions on changes in policy, technology and the economy, based on extensive internal and external consultations, using a range of analytical tools to build a single “most likely” view.
Once again, the Outlook highlights the power of competition and market forces in driving technology and innovation to meet the world’s energy needs. These factors make us optimistic for the world’s energy future, and they suggest a way forward in mastering challenges such as security and sustainability.
In this section
Building on the Energy Outlook, we provide projections at a regional and country level
- Energy Outlook 2035 booklet (pdf, 2.4MB) null
- Energy Outlook 2035 - Excel tables (xls, 106.0KB) null
- Energy Outlook 2035 presentation slides (pptx, 4.4MB) null
- Energy Outlook 2035 presentation slides (pdf, 1.2MB) null
- Energy Outlook 2035 - Focus on North America (pdf, 1.3MB) null
- Energy Outlook 2035 slides - Focus on North America (ppt, 8.3MB) null