Working in Trinidad & Tobago | Careers | BP Global

Working in Trinidad & Tobago

Our perspective in Trinidad & Tobago is to build local expertise to deliver long-term sustainability
Trinidad and Tobago

With 13 offshore production platforms, our combined oil and gas output averages 400,000 barrels of oil equivalent daily. Committed to safety, reliability and operational excellence, we are the country’s largest hydrocarbon producer, accounting for about 60% of the nation’s oil and gas production. About 65% of our natural gas is exported as liquefied natural gas (LNG), the major portion going to the US. The remaining 35% is sold for use as fuel or feedstock for local industry.

We believe that the key to long-range sustainability is building local expertise in all areas of the national petroleum industry – from exploration for oil and gas to the design and construction of platforms and the installation of pipelines. For more details, see our latest sustainability report.

Around 960 employees are involved in commercial roles such as production operations, geosciences and engineering. But we have a full range of teams in Trinidad & Tobago, so we look for people with a diverse range of backgrounds and skills – people who can develop a long-term career in our culture of trust and co-operation.

Learning and development

We believe that our success in Trinidad & Tobago is inherently linked to the development of our employees. That’s why we invest heavily in providing all our people with the opportunity to enhance their skills and explore their strengths in line with their ambitions. Our world-class learning and development is designed to open up a range of future options.

Diversity and inclusion

We work as one team, bringing together people from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. That’s why we value diversity and inclusion. Everyone at BP is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion. Each member of the team knows what is expected of them and is given every opportunity to realize their potential in a pleasant, supportive and collaborative environment.

Students and graduates

Students and graduates

Interested in student and graduate opportunities in Trinidad & Tobago?