The Mechanical Engineer role is responsible for general support activities directly linked to Project and Engineering within BP Egypt’s Extended Well Testing Program. This is a junior engineering role which will encompass a great deal of development set against a clearly defined program and competency standards. The aim of the challenge program is to deepen the individual’s specific mechanical engineering skills base while widening their oil & gas business knowledge at the same time as delivering set business objectives in a front line engineering environment.
* Please note that part of the development program you will need to spend at least 100 days on the field place to gain an exposure in Engineering aspects and you will be expected to visit the field regularly.
- Develop the necessary skills in the trouble-shooting and maintenance of static equipment and rotating machinery
- Understand and develop skills in mechanical design and modification change processes
- Understand and ensure that the correct engineering documentation, procedures and manuals are in place for operations and maintenance of mechanical systems
- Participate in mechanical engineering studies and safety reviews as required
- Prepare special procedures for non-routine equipment maintenance activities and carry out critical reviews and risk assessments
- Support and become conversant in all aspects of static equipment and rotating machinery, including valves, pipes, pipelines, pumps, compressors and gas turbines
- Familiarization with BP design guidelines and International Standards applicable to mechanical systems
- Understanding of BP Integrity Management Systems and inspection techniques
- Support the Engineering team in carrying out incident investigations
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- No more than two years of work experience in a relevant field
- Proficiency in English language