Gulf Claims Fraud Hotline
BP has launched the Gulf Claims Fraud Hotline to help protect the integrity of the claims processes relating to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Anyone with knowledge of fraud or corruption should report it by dialing, toll-free, 1-855-NO-2-FRAUD (1-855-662-3728). All reports can be made anonymously.
BP is meeting its commitment to Gulf Coast communities by paying legitimate claims stemming from the Deepwater Horizon accident
Within weeks of the Deepwater Horizon accident, BP began paying compensation for legitimate claims for damages resulting from the accident.
Public Report - data as of October 31, 2013
|Total Paid – Individual and Business Claims||$10,942,903,742|
|Total Paid – Government||$1,463,593,511|
|Total Paid – Other1||$328,255,384|
|1Includes payments for Tourism, Seafood Marketing and Testing, Behavioral Health and 2010 Contributions|
BP Claims Program for individuals and businesses
Effective June 4, 2012, the BP Claims Program will accept claims under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (“OPA”). The Program is open to claimants that wish to file a claim for economic and property damages related to the Deepwater Horizon incident of April 20, 2010, and fall into one of three categories:
- Individuals and businesses that are not class members, as defined in the MDL No. 2179 Economic and Property Damage Class Action Settlement Agreement;
- Individuals and businesses that are class members, as defined in the MDL No. 2179 Economic and Property Damage Class Action Settlement Agreement but have validly exercised their legal right to timely opt out of the class settlement; and
- Individuals and businesses that are class members, as defined in the MDL No. 2179 Economic and Property Damage Class Action Settlement Agreement but wish to pursue Claims that are Expressly Reserved to them pursuant to the Agreement, to the extent such Claims may fall within OPA.
Under OPA, claims may be filed with the BP Claims Program for interim, short-term damages representing less than the full amount to which the claimant may ultimately be entitled.
Any claims under OPA that are denied or that are not resolved within 90 days after the date of submission to the BP Claims Program may be presented to the US Coast Guard Stop 7100 (ca), 4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1000, Arlington, Virginia 20598-7100 for consideration. The NPFC may be contacted at 1-800-280-7118.
Economic and property damage settlement
BP and the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee entered into the Economic and Property Damage Class Action Settlement Agreement on April 18, 2012. On December 21, 2012, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana approved this settlement agreement. More information about the class definition and the Court-Supervised Settlement Program that will implement the settlement agreement is available at www.deepwaterhorizonsettlements.com
If you are represented by an attorney, the BP Claims Program can communicate only with the attorney you have identified unless your attorney instructs otherwise. An Attorney Consent Form allowing us to communicate directly with you is available by clicking here.
BP Claim Forms
The 40% claim form may be used by individuals and businesses that received a 60% payment in the Transition Process and are outside of the Settlement Class or have “opted out” of the Settlement Class, but still wish to submit a claim for the remaining 40% payment from the BP Claims Program in exchange for a signed full and final Release for all claims related to the April 20, 2010 Deepwater Horizon incident and subsequent oil spill.
If you need information or a claim form in another language, please call 1-855-687-2631.
Claim form submittal
Claim forms may be submitted as follows:
- BP Claims Program
P.O. Box 330919 Houston
- By Email: Scanned forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax: 1-866-542-4785
Claim forms must be signed by hand. Electronic signatures will not be accepted. The BP Claims Program can be reached by phone at 1-855-687-2631 (toll-free, multilingual).
Có thể liên hệ bằng điện thoại với Chương Trình Giải Quyết Yêu Cầu Bồi Thường của BP theo số 1- 855-687-2631 (số điện thoại miễn phí, đa ngôn ngữ).
Se puede comunicar con el Programa de Demandas de BP por teléfono al 1-855-687-2631 (línea gratuita, multilingüe).
Court-Supervised Settlement Program
- Economic & Property Damages: 1-866-992-6174
- Medical: 1-877-545-5111
- Economic TTY: 1-888-584-7624
- Medical TTY: 1-800-877-8973