The BP FranchiseIn South Africa and around the world, BP is one of the leading companies in petrol retailing and is recognised and respected for the high quality of its products and customer service. New times bring new challenges, problems and opportunities. BP's success has always been based on its progressive approach to business and an ability to accept change and turn it into opportunity. BP is determined to maintain its competitive advantage, stimulate market demand and cultivate an even more positive customer attitude - and that is why the BP Franchise has been developed. BP sees the BP Franchise as an opportunity to enhance its overall position in the market place, by uniting all the components of its retail activities into a single, cohesive franchise to the mutual financial benefit of you the franchisee and itself.
Acquiring an existing BP dealershipExisting BP dealerships do not belong to BP but to the operators/dealers themselves. BP does not advertise or sell them on behalf of the dealers - the dealers do this themselves. As these transactions are subject to BP's appoval, BP only discovers that a business is for sale when the dealer is bringing prospective purchasers to BP for approval. The best way to acquire an existing dealership is via business brokers or the classified sections of newspapers where brokers and dealers advertise under Business For Sale.
Partnership benefitsExtensive market research carried out by BP and international research consultants shows conclusively that the most potentially profitable market trends within the service station business relate to 'added-value business' such as convenience shops and car-wash facilities. As an ambitious businessperson and franchisee, you will be managing and building a business of your own. At the same time, as part of the nationwide BP retail network, you can confidently rely on the expertise, training and support of one of South Africa's leading companies in this field. To achieve the financial rewards both parties seek, we (BP and yourself as the franchisee) must develop the most effective and productive relationship possible. It has to be a viable, productive, working relationship built on trust, co-operation, dedication and teamwork - in short, a true business partnership.
BP's commitmentIn all its business dealings, BP is committed to creating wealth. It does this by conducting its business successfully, efficiently and with integrity. Profitability is the measure of this success. Its aim is to reward the stakeholders in BP - its franchisees and dealers, shareholders and employees - fairly and to the best of its ability.
BP Franchise benefitsHere are some of the main benefits offered to a potential franchisee:
- long-term tenure enabling you to develop recognised goodwill
- regular contact with and assistance from a well-trained and qualified business manager
- comprehensive operating manuals for total business management;
- regular BP brand advertising
- incentive schemes and productive business conferences;
- information sharing
- regular business reviews including an enhanced Mystery Shopper performance evaluation programme
- formal training programmes for franchisees and their staff to evaluate and report-back on their performance
- networking opportunities to meet with BP management and other franchisees
- bulk buying benefits exclusive to franchisees, for both products and service
- installation of proven BP equipment, including an advanced computerised, automated front office point-of-sale system (FOS) and back office system (BOS)
- advice and training on health, safety, security and environmental practices
- specialised and well-qualified merchandising support staff
- business advice to maximise your turnover and operational efficiency
- continued contribution by BP towards growing your business through feedback, research, development and ongoing promotions
Contact usFor more information on how to become a franchisee, write to The Dealer Relations Officer, PO Box 1554, Johannesburg, 2000.
Telephone number: 0860 106 207
For more information about this web page, please contact Yolelwa Sikunyana via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org