Through supplying, storing and marketing fuels and lubricants, our services and customers in the Eastern Mediterranean are many and varied
What we doBP has been working in Cyprus since 1972. The company BP Eastern Mediterranean Ltd is a UK registered company and a wholly owned subsidiary of BP plc. Our main business is the marketing and selling of fuels and lubricants to over 550 customers through four businesses:
- BP Lubricants - markets and sells BP and Castrol branded lubricants to over 200 customers consisting of resellers, car agents, industrial users and Government and semi government organisations throughout Cyprus. It also supplies lubricants to other countries in the East Med Region and North Africa.
- BP Marine - provides lubricants and technical services to its customers at the Larnaca and Limassol Ports.
- Air BP - supplies both aviation fuels and lubricants to airlines and resellers at the Cyprus’ two international airports in Larnaca and Pafos, and at Israel’s Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv. Additional Air BP operates 2 storage/ into-plane service facilities at the Cyprus airports. Aviation Fuels are imported by means of BP owned vessels from third party refineries in the East Med region, the Red Sea and Arab Gulf.
- BP operates a high standard distribution network that includes a BP-owned import and storage on-shore terminal in Larnaca, and hires further storage from Cyprus Petroleum Storage Company, the former Cyprus refinery.
Our people and partnersBP Eastern Mediterranean Ltd currently employs about 40 people, all of whom are local. Our employees are mainly based at our head office situated in Nicosia. The remaining employees are based in our offices and facilities in Larnaca and at both airports in Larnaca and Pafos.
Community investmentThe company has a live social responsibility policy and we aim to participate in a variety of initiatives each year which focus on helping the local community. We do this through:
- Preservation of the environment by participating in clean up projects; aimed to help young people learn about keeping their surrounding environment clean.
- Donations to charity organisations, where our contributions go towards helping under-privileged children in Cyprus.
- Participation in road safety initiatives:
- training employees and their dependants on Defensive Driving. This qualified the company to sign the European Road Safety Charter aiming to reduce deaths from road accidents in the EU
- donating child car safety seats
Overall we aim to ensure that our involvement in community support initiatives or development of local enterprises will benefit the community and environment at large.