Our company - did you know that...
- BP was founded as the Anglo Persian Oil Company by William Knox D'Arcy in 1909
- BP's logo, the helios, is named after the sun god of ancient Greece
- BP employs over 100,000 people in more than 100 countries around the world
Our operations - did you know that...
- BP sells the equivalent of 6.4 million barrels of refined products each day
- In 2004, BP discovered more reserves of oil and gas than it extracted for the 12th consecutive year
- BP has 28,500 service stations around the world
- Through our retail outlets, BP serves around 13 million customers each day
- BP's latest cleaner fuel, BP Ultimate, is proven to reduce car emissions whilst improving performance
The environment - did you know that...
- In 1998, BP set itself the target of reducing our carbon emissions to 1990 levels by 2010 - we achieved this in 2001, 9 years earlier than expected
- BP put over $87.7 million into community investment programmes around the world during 2004
- BP Solar is one of the world's largest solar electric companies