Diversity and inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion is a real priority for BP
We are a global company and aim for a workforce that is representative of the societies in which we operate. So we work to attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent from the diversity the world offers – and recognise that our ability to be competitive and to thrive globally depends on it.
We also believe success comes from the energy of our people. Through living our values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team, we create an inclusive working environment where everyone can make a difference and give their best.
How do we demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
- We have laid down our aspirations of “what good looks like” in our Group “D&I Ambition” and every business has a local plan aligned to that ambition
- D&I is embedded in our Code of Conduct – we will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination in our workplaces
- Our leaders take accountability for driving D&I. Our Executive team reviews progress on a quarterly basis. We have also established aspirational representation goals – currently we have goals for senior female representation and will be setting goals for other forms of diversity shortly
- We have a large number of Business Resource Groups in operation – these are employee-led teams bringing together people with similar backgrounds or interests for mutual benefit. We have groups around ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability etc.
- Our international women’s network (BPWIN) runs a wide range of events to empower and educate. For example, in October 2012, our CEO Bob Dudley led an expert and diverse panel in a webcast broadcast to all employees globally, on how BP plans to increase the percentage of senior female leaders
- All our most senior leaders are required to attend training on how to become more inclusive leaders People at all levels are able to take up different forms of agile working and we have extensive guidance available to help people to find what will work best for their role and situation