About Enercare™ Used Oil Analysis
At BP Marine, we offer a range of Enercare™ services to meet your needs. This range extends from basic lubricating oil analysis through to detailed ferrographic testing supported with expert advice - giving you a clear picture of the health of your machinery and lubricating oil, allowing you to maximise efficiency of lubricant oil usage, and to plan maintenance requirements.
The Enercare™ services provide three levels of analysis to meet your specific needs:
- Enercare™ Original Service - Standard lubricating oil analysis
- Enercare™ Specialist - Enhanced service particularly for stern tube oils and critical hydraulic systems
- Enercare™ Predict Monitoring Service - A service to support machinery condition monitoring programmes, using extensive testing which includes wear particle analysis (ferrography)
Depending on the levels of service you select, regular accurate analysis of representative used oil samples will help you to save money and improve safety by allowing you to:
- Optimise lubricant oil life
- Extend machinery component life
- Minimise maintenance requirements
- Identify and rectify potential problems before they occur
- Extend the time between stern tube withdrawal if used as part of a classification society’s approved programme
- Greatly reduce the risk of breakdowns, and hence minimise costs and inconvenience of catastrophic and secondary damage
At BP Marine, we have gathered a substantial lubricants performance database, covering a wide range of machinery, from thousands of vessels operating under a wide range of conditions. This information is used to reinforce the knowledge and experience of our technical staff and sales engineers enabling them to provide you with prompt and informed advice. In addition to the Enercare™ Services available, BP Marine can also supply a comprehensive and easily portable marine test kit specifically designed for the analysis of lubricating oils onboard ship. For further information please see our Oil Test Kit brochure.