BP Energy Center
Visitors are welcome to stop by the BP Energy Center and view the exhibits Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
BP Energy Center
900 E. Benson Blvd.
PO Box 196612
Anchorage, Alaska 99519-6612
Phone: +1 907 743 4270
Fax: +1 907 564 4955
Purpose of the BP Energy CenterThere are two purposes of the BP Energy Center. The first is to serve as a training, meeting, and conference center for nonprofits and education organizations throughout Alaska. A large multi-purpose room and five meeting rooms are available without charge to eligible organizations.
Eligible Users and UsesThe BP Energy Center can be used by the following types of groups for uses consistent with their community service, educational and/or organizational purpose:
- Community-based nonprofit organizations
- Education organizations
- K-12 and university educators and students (other than regularly-scheduled classes)
- Professional associations
- Faith-based organizations for community service or educational uses
- Organizations for non-partisan public issue awareness and education
- Non-partisan organizations promoting participation in the political process
Hours and SchedulingRegular operating hours are:
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Set-up is available daily at 7:45 a.m.
Groups that need a room between 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Friday can reserve the room at no charge. For Saturday meetings, rooms are available for $225 for up to five hours and $400 for a full day.
Special events requiring setup beyond the normal meeting configuration will be subject to additional charges. The BP Energy Center is not available on Sundays.
Scheduling requests will only be considered upon receipt of a signed copy of the BP Energy Center Conference Room Usage Request Form.
The BP Energy Center will be closed on January 1, Memorial Day holiday, July 4, Labor Day holiday, Thanksgiving and the Friday following, and December 24 – 26.
Requests received by noon Monday will receive notification of approval/availability by the close of business Wednesday.
BP reserves the right to cancel scheduled meetings or events or to deviate from or modify these guidelines in the event of emergency or other special circumstances.
The BP Energy Center cannot be used for any activity that advances a particular religious doctrine or for any partisan political activity. It is also unavailable to businesses.
Rooms are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. BP reserves the right to schedule certain community activities and events in advance and to hold rooms open for special circumstances.
Meeting RoomsBased on the number of attendees and the meeting setup required, BP will book an appropriate meeting room. Maximum capacities are:
Theater-style seating (no tables): 120
Classroom (rows of tables and chairs): 72
Small group/luncheon (tables for six people): 72
Conference (large square): 40
The BP Energy Center has a wide range of audio/visual equipment that is available on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost. A detailed equipment list is provided on the BP Energy Center Usage Request form.
User groups can bring refreshments of less than $50 in value, and must remove all leftover items and trash. All other food service must be provided by BP's catering contractor, NANA Management Services, and will be billed to the group using the building. NANA requests 72 hours' notice before each event.
Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water are available throughout the BP Energy center at no cost.
The BP Energy Center does not have food storage or preparation facilities available to users. BP’s cafeteria, located in the BP headquarters building just north of the BP Energy Center, is available for lunch. Large groups are asked to let NANA know in advance if they plan to eat at the cafeteria.
User ResponsibilitiesAny individual or organization using the BP Energy Center agrees:
- To comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances and to use the Center in a safe manner and in accordance with the Operating Guidelines and BP’s Life Safety Plan (a copy is available upon request).
- To reimburse BP and be responsible for any loss or damages to BP property in connection with the use of the BP Energy Center.
- To be responsible for and indemnify BP and its employees and agents against all claims, liabilities, and causes of action that might be asserted by any person or entity for property loss or personal injury arising from use of the BP Energy Center.
- To notify BP of any cancellations, by fax or e-mail, at least five business days in advance of the date they are scheduled to use the BP Energy Center. Failure to do so will result in a no-show charge of $100.