Whether you're starting a career in sales & marketing, finance & business, HR, engineering or retail, there’s an opportunity for you at BP
Hear from our people
Internship key dates
Key dates are TBA approximate dates are as follows:
- Applications open: July 2018
- Applications close: August 2018
- Online testing: September 2018
- Video interviews: September 2018
- Assessment Centre: October 2018
- Offers: October 2018
Our 12-week programme runs from November to February. We offer second to none professional development and the opportunity to explore and stretch your skills and capabilities.
Rewards and benefits
- Exclusive access to membership of the BP superannuation plan, or a fund of your choice.
- Personal development and training.
- Five days’ leave, plus any public holidays and flexible working hours.
- The chance to get involved in a wide range of social activities.
As part of your Internship with us, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Do real work and projects that impact BP, our stakeholders and our customers from the moment you start with us,
- Receive formal and informal training and development:, on everything from technical to relationship building.
- Enjoy access to business leaders, networking opportunities and support: You’ll also have an allocated buddy to help you navigate our world here!
What are the key criteria to apply to BP’s internship program?
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Credit average (65) or above
- Penultimate year of study
- Studying a relevant degree
- Available to work full time for the 12 week period
When must I complete my degree by?
Our internship program is open to university students in their penultimate year only. This means, you will have one year left of your university studies (i.e., completing your degree at the end of 2018).
I'm a mature-age student. Can I apply?
BP celebrates and strives for diversity in our workplace. We welcome all applications that meet our key criteria.
What documentation do I need to submit when I apply?
The two main pieces of would be your resume and academic transcript. If you hold a visa, you will also need to provide a copy of your valid visa and passport.
I’m an International Student / on a Visa, can I still apply?
Unfortunately, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Got more questions about the program or our recruitment process? Click here to view our full list of FAQ’s.
Internship application process
Testing isn’t as daunting as it may sound. Depending on how you go in this stage, we’ll contact you again via email outlining the details of the next steps. Just a reminder here to keep looking in your junk mail just in case the link ends up there!
Recorded video interview
Here, we will get to know you better and to learn more about your skills by listening to your answers as you record yourself answering some set questions. The video interview is really convenient – you can complete this step at any time of day or night and wherever you like!
Assessment centres enable us see your ability to think and respond, your ability to problem solve, as well as to see how you interact and communicate with others. This is your opportunity to make a good impression, so make sure you arrive on time and you dress appropriately.
From here, you’ll receive verbal and written confirmation of your offer. You will be sent a letter of offer by email which you can review and accept online.
We’re proud to partner with Career Trackers to offer Australia-wide opportunities for Indigenous interns completing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian university. Internships are available in a wide range of areas including communications, marketing, engineering, robotics, finance and IT. Our 12-week Programme runs concurrently with our Internship Programme from November to February, with a break over the Christmas and New Year period. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits including professional and capability development. You'll also be exposed to a global organisation with a reputation for innovation and strong technical knowledge. You can apply for an Indigenous Internship at any time, although we only employ interns over the summer period. If you identify as being Indigenous but are not affiliated with Career Trackers, you can still apply, just let us know when you do.