Within our graduate programme, you could be working within any number of areas, from sales & marketing, finance & business, HR, engineering through to retail
Graduate key dates
Key dates are TBA approximate dates are as follows:
- Applications open: April each year
- Applications close: Early May of each year
- Online testing: Early May of each year
- Video interviews: Mid May of each year
- Assessment Centre: Early - mid June of each year
- Offers: Mid - late June of each year
We are recruiting the future leaders of BP, our graduates.
During our two-year programme, we’ll set you up for success by building on your technical, behavioural and leadership skills.
Our two- year programme commences in January of each year.
Though two rotations, we offer a structured development programme, as well as the opportunity to explore and stretch your skills and capabilities.
Within our graduate programme, you could be working within any number of areas, from business, supply & trading, science or engineering.
For graduates looking for a commercial role, we typically have opportunities ranging from marketing, sales, retail and finance.
For graduates looking for an engineering role, we typically have chemical and mechanical engineering opportunities.
What are the key criteria to apply to BP’s graduate program?
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Credit average (65) or above
- Recent graduate (within 2 years) or due to graduate this year.
- Studying a relevant degree
- Available to work full time.
- Credit average or 65% marks
I'm a mature-age student. Can I apply?
- BP celebrates and strives for diversity in our workplace. We welcome all applications that meet our key criteria.
What documentation do I need to submit when I apply?
- The two main pieces of would be your resume and academic transcript.
- If you hold a visa, you will also need to provide a copy of your valid visa and passport.
I’m an International Student / on a Visa, can I still apply?
- Unfortunately, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Rewards and benefits
- Exclusive access to membership of the BP superannuation plan, or a fund of your choice.
- Personal development and training.
- Five days’ annual leave, plus any public holidays and flexible working hours.
- A competitive salary based on the experience you bring and your academic qualifications
- Additional financial rewards for individual or team performance
- The opportunity to own a piece of BP by joining a share scheme
- The opportunity to be nominated for the company’s share value plan
- Discounts on selected BP products
- Discounts on certain vehicles
- Health plan and screening
Graduate programme applications
Applications for the BP Australian and New Zealand graduate programmes typically open around April every year. You can easily check for job openings via our degree matcher tool.