Projects to challenge you. People to inspire you. Training to develop you. There is an opportunity at BP for you
BP offers graduate opportunities in the downstream sector in Spain and Portugal. Joining our Iberia programme, you’ll enjoy real responsibility from day one and the freedom to choose your own path. Enhancing your knowledge, stretching your skills and gaining real-world experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. This is a 3 year rotational programme which let you discovery the whole business; from Marketing to Sales, from Supply to Operations. The Challenge programme in Iberia is managed by a Governance Board who will assess your development and identify the best opportunities for your own development, fully aligned with the BP strategy,
Rewards and benefits
- Competitive salary: base salary and bonus.
- Location and lunch allowance (site dependant)
- Flexible benefits tailored to your needs
- Share plans
- Health insurance and pension plan
- Medical services and physiotherapy
- Coffee corners and cantine
- Parking lot and shuttle bus service
- Strong work-life balance culture
- Engagement activities
- Outstanding graduate training programme
- Strong academic background and masters (preferably)
- Fluent in Spanish (Portuguese desirable)
- Full professional competency in English
- Some notorious previous work experience (at least 2 years)
- Willingness to be mobile at a local an Iberian level.
An internship is not only a great opportunity for you to apply the knowledge you have gained from your studies, but it can also help you to secure a job once you graduate - we give our top talent interns the opportunity to join our graduate development programme.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP: it is a great opportunity for those students that want to enrich their master or degree studies with working experience inside a multinational company as BP, learning from professionals within the firm.
FULL YEAR INTERNSHIP: it provides the intern with an online Master in Decision Making and Innovation in English language, combining the graduate training within BP with a collaborative learning environment focused on the acquisition of professional skills.
- Summer internship: You must be a current bachelor or master student
- Full year internship: You must hold a bachelor or master degree
- Specific requirements vary across business areas and disciplines
- Fluency in English
- Fluent Spanish and / or Portuguese language depending on location
- Strong academic background
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivation and desire to learn
- Strong analytical mind
Graduate / intern application process
View our application process so that you know what to expect at each step.
Take a look at our hints and tips from graduates and the recruitment team.
Our main office is located in Madrid with around 500 employees. Here we host all the businesses that operate in Iberia; fuels, Air BP, Gas, Coke and Castrol. And also the functions that provide support to the company (e.g. Finance, HSSE, PSCM, HR…). It’s a full open-space which contributes to create a friendly and One Team culture.You can enjoy additional benefits such as cantine, parking lot, medical services and physiotherapy.
The refinery in Castellón (Comunidad Valenciana) operates from 1967 and it’s one of the most important companies in the region.
In an industrial environment you’ll be able to learn the most challenging projects. It’s well known as a best-in-class refinery at a global scale.
BP is the second largest oil company in Portugal.
From our office in Lisbon we manage several businesses across the country.
We recently renovated our office to create a place where we can enjoy while working, and fostering an space where everyone can be listen.
The Challenge programme may offer to you the opportunity to take responsibilities on field positions. This is key in our rotational development scheme so you’ll understand how truly the business operates. Most of the times, while taking roles within the operations or sales teams, you will have the chance to work from home, but always with a close relation to the main office.