Would you like to join our Procurement group to contribute to the lifecycle of different projects in AGT portfolio – from strategy development to driving performance through contract execution ?
We are now looking for AGT Projects Procurement Advisor to be based in Baku, Azerbaijan. This role is site-based and will be located at Bayil Construction yard.
BP AGT Projects has been executing major projects in Azerbaijan for over 25 years and is currently managing a portfolio of projects at different stages:
• Shah Deniz Stage 2 (SD2) - This major project achieved first gas in 2018 and is currently in next phase of ramp up development to deliver fourth gas in 2022.
• ACE (Azeri Central East) - The project moved into Execute in April 2019 to deliver a new drilling/production platform development with subsea oil, produced water and gas to existing ACG infrastructure including brownfield modifications. The First Oil expected by end of 2023.
• Portfolio of Brownfield Category B Projects across ACG and SD PSAs.
The Procurement Advisor will be responsible for the implementation (sourcing, contracting and supplier management) of AGT Projects Contract Strategies which are critical to the delivery of project onshore and offshore execution scopes. The role requires a collaborative One Team relationship within the Project Delivery organization, Engineering, Fabrication & Construction Central Category team as well as other Global/Regional teams (including Operations and Wells).
You will also be a key member of the Project Unit/Squads accountable for delivering safe and predictable projects.
The role will report to the AGT Projects Procurement Execution Senior Manager.
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Manage end-to-end procurement activities of major projects from GCD (Global Concept Development) handover at Optimize through to Start-up
• Handle execution and post-award management of Project Call-Offs and miscellaneous sourcing activities including support to Procurement Managers on new emerging projects
• Follow AGT Projects governance process and procedures for contract strategies, RFAs (Recommendation for award), VOs (Variation orders) and Amendments, claims management and final account/close out of project contracts
• Support supplier relationship and performance management activities working closely with the Line and central Category teams
• Undertake due diligence in mitigating all external supply risks from contractor selection through to contract execution and management
• Use knowledge of commercial contract law to utilise model contracts, negotiate contractual terms, seeking deviation approval where required. Lead commercial / contractual discussions with suppliers
• Build effective communication with integrity with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment of Procurement and the internal customer
• Understand and promote the use of technology and ways of working that unlock agile solutions for the business
You will hold a University degree in Business, Commercial, Procurement or technical discipline.
It would also be essential that you have:
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with growing career path
• Strong knowledge and experience in application of Procurement Category Management, particularly in sourcing/contracting and supplier management
• Knowledge and prior work experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction/Installation (EPC/EPCm/EPCI) execution and contracting models.
• Solid understanding of project management principles
• Excellent communication and engagement skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies
• Deep understanding of the local operating/business context, partnerships and joint operating agreements to effectively execute project contracts
• Foundational knowledge of major projects delivery and of Major Projects Common Process (MPcp)
• Professional Procurement qualifications or equivalent
• Previous involvement in Major Project Procurement execution
• Evidence of using Agile practices (Kanban Method & Kanban Board/Kanbanize tool)
• Working awareness of systems such as Ariba OneSource, Backbone SAP and ProCon