Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have around 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Innovation & Engineering function and advance your career as a
AML / Sanctions Senior Business Analyst
This role is a member of the trade compliance team, supporting the global AML and MLRO business in performing effective financial crime prevention checks. Senior Enterprise Technology Engineers work on the strategic technology platforms we exploit from the market or come with deep skills in the implementation and integration of market solutions into our overall technology landscape. You will bring a broad base of Digital technical knowledge and a strong understanding of software delivery principles. You will bring knowledge of AML and Sanctions monitoring and the use of Digital systems to manage this activity.
In this role You will:
- Work as part of evolving multi-disciplinary teams which may include Software Engineers, Enterprise Technology Engineers, Designers, SecOps, and Product owners to deliver value through the application of specialist skills
- Work with vendors and partners providing market solutions to optimize the usage and value which can be delivered from the appropriate technology platform
- Ensure operational integrity of what you build, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
We have the following requirements:
- 4+ years’ experience in IT industry with broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- proven experience working on applications
- Experience delivering anti money laundering applications, with a deep understanding of the underlying algorithms used to identify potential money laundering.
- Experience deploying and operating large, complex systems in the AWS cloud.
- Delivery experience using Agile/Scrum and associated tools.
- Experience working with geographically remote business partners and teams.
- Ability to engage and influence and able to decompose technical considerations that everyone can understand is key.
- Continuous learning and improvement attitude (for themselves and others) and be able to work autonomously.
- Broad understanding of regional sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Experience working on at least one globally traded market, preferably physical commodities
- Implementing a test regime to ensure solution quality across the delivery
- Working with a hybrid team of delivery resources (internal & external); utilising scrum methodology where relevant
- Experience working on Energy trading
- Experience working on AML and Sanctions monitoring systems for Physical and Financial trading.
- Working with solution architecture to ensure an end-to-end application landscape which meets business requirements
- Reviewing and elaborating interface specifications for sourcing data from disparate systems (internal ETRMs and External sanctions) into a monitoring system
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2023 Award (SSC / BSC sector) third time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Extract, transform and load, Problem Solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.