Grade HResponsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how could you play your part in our world-class team?
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as an ARC analyst!
In this role You will:
- Acts as finance and tax SME to the business, applying detailed understanding of how appropriate application of accounting policy can ensure best results within policy and compliance remit.
- Ensure that our detailed Group reporting manual is properly applied
- Oversee and validate reporting activities for local entity(ies)
- Engage with BP Accounting Policy team regularly and support key financial processes
- Keep abreast of fiscal legislations and regulations to confidently support our daily operations
- Oversee the local entities’ balance sheet, cash flow and treatment of cross charges for the country / cluster costs
- Execute variance and trend analysis, perform quarterly analytical review
- Be responsible for relevant due diligence processes
We have the following requirements:
- Relevant finance or accounting degree and one of the following qualifications CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA or working towards this
- Deep understanding of financial accounting processes
- 6+ years of experience in the field
- Fluency in English
- Proven track record in controls, compliance & risk management
- Strong knowledge of SAP is essential
- Proficiency in MS office applications, especially Excel
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business, involved in every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Today’s growing world is demanding more energy, as well as a path to low carbon future. For more than 100 years, the people of bp have been adapting to the globe’s constantly evolving demands. At every turn, we’re improving how we deliver heat, light and mobility to help people everywhere.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.