We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
.Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our P&C Team and advance your career as an
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Adhering with the tasks outlined in the QMS Systems of GBS Europe
- Carry out the quarter end / month end close processes in a timely and accurate manner for businesses and processes with a relatively high degree of complexity. Resolution of issues and queries may require reference to Group Reporting Manuals and / or working closely with the Business / Country teams and the BPO
- Perform other (non-close related) group reporting activities mainly independently, these will include daily / weekly / monthly tasks
- Be familiar with the control environment and the CETs relevant for their responsibility area, flag any control risks or gaps in a timely manner to the Lead Accountant and ODM
- The ARC Analyst will work with the Senior ARC Analist /ODM, Business / Country teams and BPO to understand the priorities and work to deliver against these as required.
- Will look for opportunities to improve their own processes to create efficiencies and control improvements within their own area of work.
- Carrying out balance sheet reconciliation work for businesses / countries supported, review reconciliations performed by the BPO - query resolution will typically be handled independently based upon previous experience.
- Support intercompany processes where relevant.
- Support the Stats and Tax processes where required working with the Stats and Tax lead accountants to understand the priorities and deliver against these.
- Work with the Business / Country teams and the BPO to ensure mutual understanding of all accounting entries and follow up on queries
- Support and review the BPO teams in the areas assigned to the ARC Analyst.
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise with reference to relevant resources such as the Group Reporting Manual, working with the Business / Country teams or other support from within the GBS.
• Relevant degree and 3 to 4 year experience in related Finance area
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Good proven analytical and system thinking skills and financial knowledge
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and good financial understanding
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self confident appearance in relations to the internal contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement