The Accounting, Reporting & Control Analyst is responsible for ensuring that internal and external accounting and reporting for Automotive and Industrial businesses is prepared in accordance with IFRS and BP Group Accounting policies for the designated entities)and businesses. This role is accountable for the integrity of accounting across the end to end process.
The role works closely with business stakeholders to ensure matters of control, financial system requirements, capability and integrity are properly considered and applied. The role will support the ARC Manager to lead and facilitate the commercial Risk Management process in the local entities to ensure risks are identified and managed.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role You will:
Join our Finance function and advance your career as an
Accounting, Reporting and Control Analyst / Subject Matter Expert
- Ensure that the Group reporting manual is properly applied at the local entity level and all accounting judgements are consulted, evidenced, documented and approved
- Acts as finance Subject Matter Expert to the business
- Oversee and validate reporting for the local entities and provide assurance to the Accounting, Reporting and Control Manager on the integrity of the financial reports
- Ensure adherence to the financial standardisation agenda and escalate exceptions to the relevant decision makers
- Ensure financial reporting meets the requirements for Group reporting including timeliness of data submissions, validation checks and ‘Additional and Supplementary’ data
- Ensure requirements of all local legislation over financial reporting, accounting and control are met
- Responsible for the oversight of the local entities balance sheet and cash flow, and treatment of cross charges for the country costs
- Assure the accuracy & completeness of the actuals / forecast process for the local entities
- Ensure delivery of the annual planning & rolling forecast process
- Support the Accounting, Reporting and Control Manager on the control agenda
- Support relevant Due Diligence process for the local entities
- Support Accounting, Reporting and Control Manager to lead the Risk Management process
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Coach the wider finance and business teams, to build capabilities and develop competencies and professional qualifications
In the Accounting, Reporting and Control Analyst role we have the following requirements:
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Finance or accounting degree
- Recognised national or international professional accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA is an advantage
- Fluency in English
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- A strong understanding of IT infrastructure (preferably SAP)
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster and more efficiently, and drive continuous improvement methodology
- German knowledge is an advantage
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement