Global Business Services (GBS) is a transformation engine for bp that delivers incremental business value, improvement and differentiated customer experience.
We seek an experienced Finance professional to lead our GBS ARC Midstream, Airbp and Marine Finance team. Leading a team of 5, this individual needs to have a strong understanding of Management Accounting, as well as the ability problem solve through using multiple data points/systems and strong commercial judgment.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering and working closely with the Supply, Midstream, Kwinana, Air and Marine Operational business teams, embeded Finance in Australia and New Zealand to ensure Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting is timely and accurate.
- Hold key relationships with offshore partners in Pune and Szeged to ensure the support is given to the team and accountabilities are clear in providing integrity to financial reports, ensuring maximum efficiency, communication as well as issue resolution and implementation of best practice compliance activity.
- Leadership of the Midstream, Air & Marine accounting team for GBS ANZ including provision of clear reporting targets, measures and priorities.
- Nurturing and developing talent for the future through up skilling on analytics and business insights.
- Identifying and driving commercial value for GBS ANZ and businesses by optimising processes that facilitates automation, digitisation of finance services, partner cash delivery and working capital management.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with Australian and NZ operating standards.
- Managing the capture, analysis and near-term reporting of financial outcomes including risk and variances in accordance with financial and control policies
- Actively participate in the GBS ANZ Finance LT helping to drive strategic initiatives of the organisation
What’s in it for you?
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Member of recognised accounting body; CPA/CA
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated strong business awareness and commercial judgement, including strong relationship management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
BP Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for this role and all other current vacancies Please be aware all bp ANZ employees must be a citizen/permanent resident of either AU or NZ
- Opportunities to pursue your career and leadership aspirations in the direction you want as part of a global organisation
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program, share offers & fuel discounts
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave or 4 weeks paid partners/paternity leave.