From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the coronavirus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ARC SME - Fixed Term for 2 years
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as Internal ARC SME!
In this role you will :
We have the following requirements:
- The purpose of the role is to lead the end to end closing process, advise in complex accounting areas. Lead the quarter end close for one region/country. The role holder will work to support financial activities for one region/country.
- The ARC SME will have a solid accounting knowledge and experience and will use this to work with other team members and with individuals in the business, some of whom will not have a Finance background.
- The ARC SME will work closely with business teams to ensure effective delivery, to resolve issues and to put in place process improvements.
- The ARC SME will have additional accountabilities such as, acting as a focal point and first line of enquiry on technical issues, providing guidance and training to other members of the team. They will also have accountability to review and assure key deliverables from other members of the team, ensuring processes and controls are applied consistently.
- The ARC SME will have additional accountabilities such as acting as a „Super User” within the team on ERP acting as a focal point and first line of enquiry on technical issues, providing guidance and training to other members of the team.
- The ARC SME will also take a leading role in implementing any changes in processes or tools used by the team, working closely with the the business.
- The ARC SME will provide support in her/his areas to less senior peers (Analysts, Accountants). They will also provide back up support to the ODM during times of absence.
- The ARC SME will support project initiatives impacting the Business area supported providing contact between the Business teams and the GBS and working with other team leaders/ ODMs and Process Leads to agree on and deliver appropriate resourcing and support for projects.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree and 5 to 6 year experience in related Finance area
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and strong financial understanding
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- A problem solver with a readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and external contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Assertiveness and ability to influence
- Works as an integrated part of the team: strives to achieve his/her individual objectives and supports his/her more junior team members objectives and the team target
- Performs his/her duties individually without the supervision of the team leader/ ODM. In absence of team lead/ ODM is able to manage daily priorities and provide support to anyone in the team in issue resolution
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement