Grade IResponsible for supporting the team to maximise profitability and sales opportunities by managing and developing strategic business relationships for sales direct/B2B in a defined geographic area, building on existing relationships and creating new business opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as a
Account Manager Car & Van
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for delivering the sales budget on BP PLUS cards volume, on road services and credit control, for his customer portfolio in the assigned region. The AM is part of the regional sales team coordinated by a Key Account Manager (KAM) to grow card volumes in the region by an efficient acquisition and lead generation process, in close cooperation with Marketing. Furthermore, the AM works with account manager from the regional BP branded Resellers to support them in selling BP PLUS cards and related services. The key focus is on archiving the required results with existing and new customers
Join us and make a difference by:
- Being responsible for relationship management for Core customers and lead generation of Core prospects in the assigned region.
- Negotiating customer (international) cards deals; cross- and upselling (e.g. international volume, Fleet Expert, On Road Services) where possible
- Assisting the KAM in managing regional/national integrated card fuels deals
- Developing new and maintain customer relationships and offers
- Utilising pricing as a key tool for commercial sales success
- Appreciating the relationship between pricing, risk, exposure and volume effect and use it to BP’s advantage
- Monitoring and manage BP’s credit risk
- Coaching & managing sales team: Ensuring to understand clear accountabilities and performance contracts are in place with a process to review performance, working with the regional KAM and the other Ams
- Working with the KAM to understand how safety, compliance and risk management applies to their roles, both in the office and during customer/site visits and identify the actions they need to take to develop their skills and awareness.
We have the following requirements:
- Education Vocational level
- Excellent commercial understanding of a customer facing business and sales experience
- Knowledge of the transport & logistic market in the Netherlands
- 5 years sales experience (2nd or 3rd job)
- Driving license (B)
- Extensive and proven process management skills and is able to coach yourself to a higher level
- Preferably has a strong sales background in the transport & logistic market and excellent deal closing and value selling skills.
- Mastery/Skilfull level in:
- Performance driven
- Influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Business / product offer awareness into markets segment generically (e.g. Long-distance road haulage or third part fleet management) and functionally (what are the benefits of our Fleet offers in Europe)
- Team building works with & relates well with people from various countries, businesses (Fleet & outside) and cultures.
- Wise decisions: is perceived as a valuable centre of expertise adding value to any negotiation step, national or cross country.