Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Account strategy to achieve the short/long term business objectives, managing the daily selling job and taking accountability for the top line KPIs and using sound technical knowledge to support the implementation of major sales and marketing activities, while assisting in hiring, training and coaching to build up a highly motivated, capable and effective team to support sustainable growth. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
Purpose of this role
- The Account Manager is responsible for the sales and relationship management with selected key customers. The role is accountable for driving growth with key customers measured through Sales Volume, Turnover and strategic relationship build-up.
- This role develops and implements the account strategy to achieve medium / short term business objectives
- Accountable for financial delivery – Volume, Turnover and Cash results from the assigned Key accounts
- Construct and understand the overall KA contact map; build positive relationship with senior management team through various event, meeting, and work shops
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of accounts to deliver volume, NTO & new customer acquisition objectives. Apply CRM to handle and document customer activities’
- Get along with global, local and functional team to deliver and modify the value proposition designed for the KAs (include but not limited to product, application, service, strategy alliance, co-development, and senior strategy partnership), and ultimately bring balanced and profitable growth to Castrol Industrial
- Set growth target for each key account and highlight resource plan for the execution; develop and keep strategic account plan up to date
- Design landmark for each growth project with clear growth target; Project manage these milestones with high efficiency by using project management principles and engaging different customers
- Communicate with both external and internal partners on progress, barriers, and resource concerns; be resourceful to leverage resources to solve problems so as to move the project forward
- Keep informed about the industry trend, customer insight, and technology developments; communicate these findings properly through different channel so to enhance the total offer for the key accounts and secure internal resources (include but not limited to new product development and total offer enhancement)
- Ensure all the business activities conform to BP’s code of conduct, country legislative requirements as well as BP strict Health, Safety and Environment policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree. engineering background with MBA preferred
- 7 + years of working experience with minimum 3 years of sales &marketing related in general industrial B2B business. Auto components sector preferred.
- 3 + years in managing relationships in large accounts – National / Transnational, Strong understanding of customer value (tangible and intangible), and be able to articulate and communicate it clearly
- Demonstrated success in delivering results and outcomes.