We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting. In this role You will:
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a
Accounting Reporting & Control Subject Matter Expert
Maternity-cover (appr. 2 years)
What You will need to be successful:
- Review and coordinate end to end quarter / year end close processes in a timely and accurate manner for complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment. Resolution of issues and queries may require reference to Group Reporting Manuals and/or working closely with Business/ Country teams supported.
- Maintain a robust control environment
- Coordinate and supervise segment reporting/external/group audits
- Carry out regular daily/weekly / monthly activities in a timely and accurate manner for complex or difficult accounting areas
- Perform, control and support accounting and reporting
- Supervise additional and supplementary disclosure preparation for the predefined area
- Look for opportunities to drive process improvements of a notable nature across the team and work with the relevant people to put these in place.
- Work with the Business teams supported to ensure mutual understanding of all accounting entries and follow up on queries.
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise with reference to relevant resources such as the Group Reporting Manual.
- To act as a focal point and first line of enquiry on technical issues, providing guidance and training to other members of the team.
- To review and assure key deliverables from other team members and ensure processes and controls are applied consistently.
- To develop a good understanding of the area of the business that they support.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Fluency in English - confident English language knowledge
- Relevant degree in related Finance area and knowledge of Financial Accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of Finance – having an SSC background is an advantage
- A good understanding and use of SAP
- Having experience with process improvement and/or automatization is an advantage
- Confident understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy, and financial awareness
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Self-confident appearance in relation to the internal and outside world
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested