Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp.
Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Team and advance your career as a
ARC Senior Analyst – Fixed-Term (appr. 1 year)
In this role You will:
- Enforce with the tasks outlined in the Quality Management System of GBS Europe
- Carry out the month end close processes in a timely and accurate manner for sophisticated or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment. Resolution of issues and queries may require reference to Group Reporting Manuals and / or working closely with the Business / Country teams supported.
- Collaborate with the team leader and the Business/Country teams to comprehend the top priorities and strive to meet them as vital.
- Look for opportunities to drive process improvements of a notable nature and work with the relevant people to put these in place.
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliation work for businesses / countries supported - query resolution will be handled independently based upon previous experience.
- Support intercompany processes / Group recharges processes where relevant working closely with counterparties to ensure the correct treatment and resolve disputes.
- Support the Stats and Tax processes where required working with lead accountants to understand the priorities and deliver against these.
- Work with the Business / Country teams supported to ensure mutual understanding of all accounting entries and follow up on queries.
- Follow any other job-related requirements. This may be defined by a dedicated task list or defined by one’s relevant team lead or process lead.
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise with reference to relevant resources such as the Group Reporting Manual, working with the Business / Country teams or other support from within the GBS.
- Act as a focal point within the team providing mentorship and support to other team members, assisting in the resolution of queries and providing cover for the Team Leader in times of absence.
- Ensure alignment with any additional job-related obligations, which could include a committed task list or instructions provided by the relevant team lead, process lead, or business contact.
What You will need to be successful:
- Relevant degree and 5 to 6 year experience in related Finance area
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and strong financial understanding
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self confident appearance in relations to the internal and external contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2022 Award (SSC / BSC sector) second time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.