At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a new point of view, collaborative spirit, and to challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero!
About the role:
Bp’s legal operations team provides centralized administration and project support across five core areas: technology, external counsel management, financial and matter reporting, learning and development, and knowledge management. The team also provides office administration support in the larger bp legal locations.
The office administrative assistant’s primary accountabilities will be providing legal team and office administration support. Job tasks may include:
- Working with legal leadership and property management to administer space plans
- Stocking and ordering standard office supplies and responding to requests for non-standard supplies
- Sending files to and recalling files from Iron Mountain
- Organizing town halls and other legal site activities (e.g. away days)
- Hosting visitors
- Arranging couriers
- Preparing Fed Ex
- Mail Routing
- IRIS – inputting hours into safety/incident management system
- Assisting with visa process
- Providing administrative support to local team members as schedule allows, which may include:
- Providing training/assistance on how to do self-help activities, such as booking travel and submitting expenses (Note: The office admin assistant should not be doing the activity for the team member or on their behalf.)
- Providing assistance with formatting documents, including pdf conversion
- [Examples of things office admin assistant should not do (not an exhaustive list):
- Manage calendars
- Book travel
- Submit expenses
- Print or scan documents
- Make copies
- Be a delegate for an attorney
- Perform simple tasks that could be done by attorney in the time it takes to explain or delegate to an office admin assistant]
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.