As part of bp, Castrol is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading specialist provider of Lubricant solutions, as well as also producing lubricants that directly affect our daily lives in other ways such as in gas and electricity production, transport industries, construction, earth moving vehicles and the marine and industrial sector in general.
Sustainability is a foundation of our strategy, utilising new technologies to become more agile and help work towards our ambition of becoming a net zero company by 2050 or sooner. Our values of safety, respect, excellence, courage and one team represent the qualities and actions we expect to see in bp. They inform the way we do business and the decisions we make, including those related to sustainability.
This HSSE & C Team Lead will coordinate staff development and deployment based on priorities. Supports the HSSE&C Industrial and Agile Manager to deliver the Castrol HSSE&C plan through the allocation of flow to work resources. Provides HSSE&C support, and facilitates access to HSSE&C expertise, to allow PUs to deliver HSSE&C programmes.
Being a global role, and the successful candidate will be expected to lead a team of 4 to 6 team members across different time zone and performing units. At time, there will be some projects whereby the successful candidate will need to have either early or later night call periodically. The successful candidate must be willing to manage his work life balance, in order to deliver successfully in this role.
Talents in EMEA, AsPAC PU can also apply.
Key accountabilities include:
What you'll bring:
- Using Agile techniques where appropriate, supports the Castrol organisation in delivering specific programmes to drive HSSE&C performance
- Using Agile techniques where appropriate, Defines and Implements corrective action when HSSE&C performance
- Using Agile mindset to support Castrol HSSE&C deliverables
- Work closely with PU HSSE&C Manager to support and deliver Castrol HSSE&C priorities
- Deploys the Agile flow to work resource to support the Implementation of the HSSE&C plan to ensure delivery of the Global Castrol HSSE&C strategy
- Proactively influences and directs the relevant leaders to ensure relevant HSSE&C employee and stakeholder communications and awareness programs is developed
Benefits of working with us
- University degree (or equivalent work experience). Formal HSSE&C qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma) or graduate degree in HSSE&C desirable
- Significant experience in HSSE&C or Operational roles
- Experience of delivering programs using Agile Method
- Knowledge of Plant operational and technical environments desirable
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia & New Zealand encourages women, people of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Māori and Pacific Islander heritage and people of culturally a diverse group of backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
- Permanent full-time position with a global organization that’s gearing up for the futur
- Genuine work and life balance, and an organisation culture that cares and commits to balance
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to play a role in bp’s ambition to be a very different company by 2030
Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand