Responsible for providing advanced internal consultancy across BP around business process improvement, engaging with project and business teams to understand their requirements, analysing and measuring the effectiveness of existing business processes and developing sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
Promote the use of appropriate Agility frameworks, practices, and tools, and the adoption of transparent and collaborative way of working
Essential EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred but not required.Certification in lean/ agile/ design thinking:
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to enable value delivery, mindset change, and trust building amongst teams and leaders
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of agility practices.
- Coaches’ teams and leaders on the mindset change required to transform their existing practices and be effective in an increasing uncertain internal/ external context.
- Influence ways of working standards, including effective integration across teams and entities
- Build strong relationship within the community to motivate and support the adoption of Agility across the business and participate in coaching networks to share successes and learnings and to improve related practices and knowledge
- Promote development of others through mutual respect and constructive dialogue
- Role model Agile values and principles and transparency, iteration, and adaption to build trust
- Assesses the agile maturity of teams and coaches them to a higher level of maturity at a sustainable pace (though use of bp approved tools)
- Drives the required cultural transformation in adopting the new way of working
- Participates and contributes actively to continuously evolve systems and processes to align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Follow BP Code
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master or Scrum.org certified Professional Scrum Master
- ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coaching or Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC).
- An understanding of different Agile and lean approaches and supporting context, such as:
- Agile behaviours
- Agile project governance
- Agile process
- Fostering a collaborative culture
- Scrum, Kanban Lean, XP
- Focused on making a real measurable difference in the outcomes (i.e. improved safety, improved performance etc.)
- Confident in core coaching principles such as motivation and influence, and skills required to coach cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid ability to build collaborative relationships with staff at both local and global level
- Ability to speak fluency on agility concepts to large groups in a professional concise manner
- Comfortable in facilitating and training individuals and teams to a high standard
- Confident in mixed hierarchy groups / power structures
- Deep listening skills, with ability to coach teams to pivot from established paths and practices
- Self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- Evidence of working in flexible structures, networks supporting capability build
- 3 years’ experience as an agile coach
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Understanding of design thinking practices and their use within the agility toolkit
- Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt accreditation and/or Scrum Master certification preferred
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Former experience as a scrum master or product owner
- 5 or more years as an agility coach in a multi-national company, preferably outside digital product delivery