Want to be part of something Electrifying?
As part of the accelerated EV plan, bp is increasing the ambition in the US, rapidly scaling the number of charge points year on year across three key channels: On The Go (OTG), Fleets and Hubs. We’re looking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. bp is passionate about redefining the commercial transportation sector by removing the challenges, surprises, and learning curves that fleet operators often face when switching to electricity as a fuel. To do this, we need to rapidly grow our phenomenal team with the best EV authorities out there. You can help us get there!
About the job
We’re searching for an America Cluster EV Procurement Advisor to join our Chicago based team to help the world electrify! In this role, you will be accountable for the delivery and execution of bpPulse Americas supply requirements spanning EPC, charging hardware, electrical service equipment and digital categories. This role will be the primary procurement interface for the US General Manager team and the Operations teams within bpPulse. The role will work closely with and leverage the global Supply facing category teams who will develop and implement category strategies and robust supplier agreements. You will also coordinate and lead a range of Procurement teams including GBS Procurement, S2C and the agile teams as required.
We require you to have
- External Marketplace: Build supplier partnerships at the cluster level in order to drive high levels of operational performance.
- Business Acumen: High levels of business acumen, understanding of the commercial landscape, and external market factors that impact the levels of risk BP is exposed to and utilization of the category strategies and associated supply agreements to mitigate risk in support of bp and its EV ambition and delivery of the plan. Recommend actions that create or protect value and connects work and personal contribution to BP’s bottom line and competitive advantage.
- Contract Management: The ability to deploy, within the cluster, centrally developed supply agreements, drive innovation and drive / manage local supplier performance.
- Systems Mindset: In order to support the ambition and scale of this growing business, leverage and identify innovative and systematic ways to purchase supply (e.g. buying guides) to increase speed to market and creating a more seamless procurement experience for our customers.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: bp Pulse is a growing business in the Americas, agility is key in order to support the growing and changing demands of the business across bpPulse’s channels to market.
- Influencing: Communicating effectively through various communication channels using a range of styles and approaches to gain commitment and support from diverse stakeholders internally and externally to help achieve business outcomes, create acceptance for decisions, build consensus or resolve conflict. Recognize, anticipate, and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts at an individual, team, or strategic level with priority focus on external market.
- University degree in a related commercial discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in the EV category is preferable
- Negotiation, sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Skilled application in supplier performance management
- Good working knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP system, especially Ariba Guided Buying and SAP PR4
- MCIPS/ISM qualification desirable
- Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable.
- Working in a matrix organization with Agile techniques is preferable