Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are driving the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our outstanding team?We are in the search of our new colleague who will be accountable to screen, prioritize and progress the most competitive business opportunities in our refining entities and select the most suitable concepts.This role requires innovating, an agile mentality, striving under uncertainty and ambiguity, integrating diverse perspectives, learning and trying new visions/technologies, using industry solutions, operating across traditional department boundaries, driving efficiency gains and building deep and dynamic partnerships with other partners to help craft the future of our refinery assets.In this role you will:
Join our Team and advance your career as an Appraisal Engineer!
We have the following requirements:
- Understand HSE expectations and standards
- Demonstrate genuine dedication and safety leadership by articulating HSE goals
- Promote safer design and low carbon solutions and identifying major risks
- Lead multi-functional assessment of business opportunities to maintain a justified, prioritized, balanced project portfolio
- Enable delivery of the asset strategy; sustains safe, compliant and reliable operations
- Protects/builds financial value and advances the refinery towards carbon net zero
- Confirm case viability of complex refinery projects and select a safe and competitive project concept that is robust to the technical and commercial risks to progress into Optimize stage
- Mature and improve scope of the selected concept for value
- Initiate project handover to finalize the Statement of Requirements
- Support the delivery team to develop the Project Execution Plan
- Complete stage deliverables and set Define FM (Financial Memorandum) performance
- Self-verify conformance against Project Common Process (PcP) requirements.
- Assess project gate readiness and lead resolution of gaps
- Engage Project Managers/Engineers early in Optimize stage to drive flawless project transition
- Apply decision-quality/decision-analysis principles to address Tier-1/Tier-2 decisions
- Develop positive relationships and collaborate with a wide range of functions/businesses
- Manages and reports project cost, schedule, safety, and operability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5-10 years of proven experience in the oil & gas or Petrochemical industry preferably with proven capability in project appraisal of Brownfield projects
- Strong experience in project management or participated in medium/big projects
- Relevant knowledge of leading front-end stages of refining projects.
- Capability of building positive relationships, influencing and collaborating with others
- Have a strong understanding of the big picture and driving focus on what matters
- Good capability applying decision quality/decision analysis practice
Working in the Castellon refinery:
- You will experience an outstanding camaraderie spirit where we all work as one team
- You will receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan which includes company shares, medical insurance and pension plan
- You will be subject to receive a bonus and other elements to recognise your performance and will help you to deliver at your best
- You will enjoy a safe space where diversity is celebrated as well as many opportunities to keep on learning and growing within bp
- There is an on site lunch service, coffee and snack corners, parking lot for employees and a comfortable office space that enhance collaboration