We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Would you like to discover how our hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our outstanding team?
Join our team and advance your career as an
We are in the search of an appraisal engineer who will be accountable to screen, prioritize and progress the most competitive business opportunities in our refining entities and select the most suitable concepts.
This role requires innovating, an agile mindset, striving under uncertainty and ambiguity, integrating diverse perspectives, learning and trying new visions/technologies, leveraging industry solutions, operating across traditional department boundaries, driving efficiency gains and building deep and dynamic partnerships with other stakeholders to help craft the future of our refinery assets.
In this role you will have the responsibilities:
- Understand HSE expectations and standards
- Lead cross-functional assessment of business opportunities to generate a doable project portfolio
- Confirm business case viability of complex refinery projects and select a safe and competitive project concept that is robust to the technical and commercial risks to progress into Optimize stage.
- Mature and improve scope of the selected concept for value and initiate project handover to the delivery team upon finalizing the Statement of Requirements (SoR). Support the delivery team to develop the Project Execution Plan, complete stage deliverables and set Define FM (Financial Memorandum) performance targets
- Self-verify conformance against Common Process requirements. Assess project gate readiness and lead resolution of gaps
- Engage Project Managers/Engineers early in post concept selection stage to drive seamless/systematic project transition/handover
- Apply decision-quality/decision-analysis principles to address Tier-1/Tier-2 decisions. Manage uncertainties to inform decisions considering the full lifecycle and range of expected outcomes.
- Access Subject Matter Experts across bp and industry
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with a wide range of functions/businesses
- Manages and reports project cost, schedule, safety, and operability
To make this happened, you should have:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the oil & gas industry preferably with demonstrable capability in project appraisal of Brownfield projects in refining
- Self-starter; inclusive and respectful individual capable of building strong relationships, influencing and collaborating with others; understanding the big picture and driving focus on what matters; able to work with complex, ambiguous and limited data.
- Relevant experience leading front-end stages of projects.
- Good capability applying decision quality/decision analysis practices.
- APM/PMP accreditation.
We recognise the contribution you make to our business with a whole range of benefits including a competitive salary, benefits and work environment for our staff as well as being committed to your ongoing professional development. We provide also phenomenal environment such as inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, and life & health insurance, medical care package.
This position is office based at our central Dutch BP office near our BP Refinery - Europoort Rotterdam. Candidates must be in the possession of transport towards our location. The location can't be reached by public transport.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.