The AM is expected to model the BP Leadership Expectations, Values & Behaviours and Mindsets necessary to deliver the best development concepts in support of bp’s strategy and the P&O-projects priority of safe design and quality build.
- Delivery safe, cost effective and competitive projects, working with an integrated team and internal and external stakeholders ·
- Developing an in-depth, view of new energy integrated projects and leading the progression of these projects into concept development and through to handover at the OFM or DFM, consistent with MPcp, the Appraisal Management Guide (AMG) and other relevant guides and practices. ·
- Supporting or leading stakeholder management of partner groups, 3rd parties, projects and business leadership ·
- Collaborating with the Appraisal/Engineering Discipline Leads and AGM New Energy Integrated Projects to appropriately staff projects in the different phases of the development. Note that in accordance with bp reinvent organizational principles, the AM is a delivery role rather than a line management role. ·
- Leading the integration in cross-functional project teams between the different disciplines, for example: Business Development, Engineering, Operations, PSCM and Finance disciplines. ·
- Fostering an Agile and collaborative working environment that energizes the team and enables everyone to be the best they can be. ·
- Defining and delivering the key decisions and work scopes underpinning the concept selection of pre-project and Concept Development opportunities – to the right quality, on schedule and within budget. ·
- Ensuring that key decisions are of high enough quality that they stick through robust framing of the business challenge, disciplined evaluation and alignment of key stakeholders to action, consistent with the Decision Quality framework.
- Planning and collaborating with the incoming team to ensure seamless
- transition of approved projects to the Optimize or Define stage. ·
- Plan the development of contracting, purchasing, and construction management/execution strategies in support of project concept selection and required project pace
- Manage and report project cost, schedule, safety, and operability, along with any other significant metrics of project success ·
- Interface with BP stakeholders to ensure integration and alignment of project objectives with business drivers ·
- Capture, communicate, and apply lessons learned and best practices
Essential Experience and job Requirements:
The successful candidate must demonstrate: ·
- Minimum of 10 years of industry work experience. ·
- Experience working on one or more Major Projects in the front end stages Previous experience as a project leader in front-end appraisal and/or concept development roles demonstrating ability to set clear direction, provide space and support, and motivate by continuously sharing/updating business context and provide the right leadership tone ·
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders ·
- Comfortable with structured decision making under uncertainty ·
- Strong integrator across disciplines Deep technical background, supported by wide understanding of other disciplines.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!