At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a team with varied strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh opinion, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
The Industrial Area Sales Manager (ASM) will achieve or exceed assigned sales and profitability goals by maintaining and growing sales of Castrol Industrial products and services in assigned territories through distribution and direct channel in Business to Business (B2B) environment.
- Lead and develop a profitable portfolio of accounts and prospects
- Develop profitable, long term strategic relationships with designated customers
- Manage customer cost to serve and actively manage opportunity and risk pipeline
- Participate in regular customer reviews (ownership of customer review)
- Apply value selling and consultative skills to improve customer offers and perception of value
- Develop and manage relationships at multiple levels of customer organization, including senior corporate relationships
- Support Finance for credit and cash collection
- Lead, develop and review Distributor business to meet distribution plan
- Key Performance Indicators
- Gross profit delivered to target
- Growth in share of customer accounts
- Customer supplier excellence or supplier quality ratings
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical field or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years industrial sales experience
- Must be technically savvy and experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite, Saleforce and other sales related tools
- Must be skilled with using electronic media
- Business Partnering, advising, and selling skills
- Prospecting experience with a Hunter approach, ability to manage pipelines
- Knowledge and understanding of digital terminology
- Knowledge and understanding in sustainability – energy savings, water reuse
- Expertise in Metalworking products and applications and/or Industrial Lubrication products and applications preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age; Legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e. H1B, TN, etc.) now or in the future
- Conduct one’s self in a manner that is safe, ethical, and consistent with applicable laws and regulations, BP Requirements, BP values and behaviors and our HSSE goals as required in BP’s Code of Conduct with emphasis on Safety, Courage, One-Team, Respect, and Excellence
Skills & Proficiencies
- Products and Services Knowledge: Mastery
- Prospect and Pipeline Management (Account Development)
- Advisory and Selling Skills: Mastery
- Measuring and Demonstrating Customer Value
- Distributor Management
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!