Responsible for supporting the team to maximise profitability and sales opportunities by managing and developing strategic business relationships for sales direct/B2B in a defined geographic area, building on existing relationships and creating new business opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
Purpose of role：
The Area Sales Specialist handle the sales and relationship management with selected key account customers. The role is accountable for driving growth with key customers measured through Sales Volume, Turn Over and Gross Margin delivered.
Experience & Expertise
- Construct and understand the overall KA contact map; build strong relationship with senior management team through various event, meeting, and work shops
- Interact with function team to deliver and modify the value proposition designed for the KAs (include but not limited to product, application, service, strategy alliance, co-development, and senior strategy partnership), and ultimately bring sustainable and profitable growth to Castrol Industrial China
- Set growth target for each key account and highlight resource plan for the execution; develop and keep strategic account plan up to date
- Design breakthrough for each growth project with clear growth target; Handle these breakthroughs with high effectiveness by project management principles and engaging different partners
- Communicate with both external and internal partners on progress, barriers, and resource concerns; be resourceful to demonstrate resources to solve problems so as to move the project forward
- Keep informed about the industry trend, customer insight, and technology developments; communicate these findings properly through different channel so to enhance the total offer for the key accounts and secure internal resources (include but not limited to new product development and total offer enhancement)
- Ensure all the business activities conform to BP’s code of conduct, country legislative requirements as well as BP strict Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, prefer in engineering, science, or commerce
- Minimum 3 years’ sales experience in managing relationships and activities in national or large (multiple contact levels) accounts.
- High level of discernment with business sense.
- Greater collaboration amongst teams, etc. global, regional and functions teams.
- Develop new opportunities with passion, aspiration and insistence
- Strong understanding of the industrial sector, general industrial applications and delivering outcomes in a B2B environment.
- Strong understanding of customer value (tangible and intangible), and be able to articulate and communicate it clearly
- Demonstrated success in delivering results and outcomes through others.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and oral . Experience in managing senior relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.