We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?In this role you will:
Join our Team and advance your career as an
Asset Accounting Analyst – German-speaking!
We have the following requirements:
- Ensure timely and accurate Fixed Asset Accounting
- Ensure full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate reporting
- Timely response to queries raised on accounts and other analyses
- Reporting and control activities to assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the country supported
- Support of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges
- Ensure accurate accounting treatment
- Period end close (monthly, quarterly, year-end) - transfer of assets under construction to addition to fixed assets
- Verification and handling of adjusting entries and transfers for capital expenditures
- Screen and review inferior assets, preparation and booking of transfer posting documents
- Process depreciation in terms of local GAAP and IFRS with appropriate sense check and analyze upcoming deviations
- Ensure that all asset movements are aligned with BP Policy & Authorities (Group Reporting Manual), local GAAP and IFRS
- Ensure compliance with „Component Accounting"
- Proficient in English and at least intermediate German
- A fully qualified accountant, at least 2 years experience in the related Finance area, preferably financial accounting or fixed asset
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Self-confident appearance in relation to the internal and outside world
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement