At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders, and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a new point of view, collaborative spirit, and to challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero!
About the Role
The Asset Coordinator is an Operations Specialist for a process unit or area who leads the coordination effort between Operations and Maintenance. On a daily basis the Asset Coordinator tests what is "real in the field" regarding personal safety, process safety, and compliance, and intervenes as necessary to drive performance. The Asset Coordinator is accountable to establish expectations and drive Operations and Maintenance personnel working on their unit to thoroughly assess, understand, and control personal safety risk through the use of safe work permits and compliance with procedures.
The successful candidate will hold the following accountabilities
Essential Education and Experience
- Control of Work expert for the unit and ensures safe and efficient implementation of CoW.
- Considers safe level of work and concurrent work in daily and weekly schedule development.
- Prioritizes all maintenance and project work, and sets the daily and weekly work schedules
- Ensure adequate Operations support and coverage for work activities as well as equipment is prepared safely and on time for maintenance
- Assure the appropriate approvals are identified for maintenance work.
- The Asset Coordinator is accountable to establish expectations and drive completion of Process Safety related maintenance activities, and to ensure the MOC policy is applied for changes that require mechanical work.
- Ensures Process Safety related maintenance activities are completed on time. Acts as gatekeeper for whether an MOC is required for an MO
- The Asset Coordinator ensures that LDAR repairs are completed on time. The Asset Coordinator leads the maintenance planning process for Operations (Maintenance Work Process).
- Leads the daily and weekly maintenance scheduling meetings
- Prioritizes all maintenance and project work, and sets the daily and weekly work schedules, based on production team direction and needs
- Ensures EZ notifications are prioritized appropriately
- Communicates work plans to unit personnel with input from the Production Specialist, maintains an evergreen 16week maintenance look ahead Maintenance backlog planning and management Accountable for PM compliance Accountable for issuance of the Maintenance Coordinator Game Plan
- Update on behalf of the operations team. Ensures work that cannot be performed on stream is incorporated into the TAR work list.
- The Asset Coordinator leads the development of (on behalf of Operations) and delivers the annual maintenance budget.
- The Asset Coordinator is accountable for creating and nurturing a culture of teamwork, learning, two-way communication, and integrity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; additional technical education or equivalent in engineering is desirable
- 7 years of experience in petrochemical operations OR 3 years of experience in a relevant industry with a technical degree