Grade JResponsible for supporting sample analysis and data provision, helping to develop and maintain formulations, support quality assurance activities, participate in process improvement, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment and provide test method training, whilst operating in a safe, tidy and efficient manner.
- To provide analytical testing expertise and services to the whole of bp to support research, product development, technology deployment and troubleshooting activities.
- To assist in the development of technical capability and ways of working that enable bp to deliver our aims at pace and to showcase our technology and build high-value relationships with our partners and customers.
- This is an operational analytical role in a team of technical specialists responsible for the fast, efficient, and accurate analysis of samples.
- Deliver safe and reliable operations through dedication to bp’s HSSE standards, values and behaviors
- Undertake analysis of greases and lubricants using a wide range of analytical techniques to international standards and local procedures in order to generate fast turnaround, high quality and accurate results
- Take ownership of the test workload - prioritize and batch tests as necessary, requiring an awareness of customer and business requirements. Flexibility of response to changing priorities is key
- Responsible for the daily running of sophisticated lab equipment and apparatus, including setup, calibration, quality checks and basic problem solving
- Actively contribute to the running of the team and the Analytical department, for example booking in/out and progressing samples between areas. Proactively assist colleagues as required
- Work closely with colleagues and the departmental Technologists to achieve optimum performance and output
- Help identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency gains
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
- Degree in Chemistry (or relevant scientific field) or equivalent laboratory experience
- Suitable candidates will be self-starters with the ability to work in an agile and independent manner whilst also being a strong teammate
- Proven track record of attention to detail and generation of accurate test data
- Experience of analytical techniques and requirements for the product area (greases, lubricants, additives, coolants, electric vehicle fluids)
- Strong HSSE mindset and previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Experience of working in agile teams such as scrums would be beneficial