At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. We have a bold ambition: be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and help the world get to net zero. Creating a more efficient business that makes the best use of its resources is a critical part of getting there. And that’s what our new global business services (GBS) centre in Pune, India is here to do – put digital at the heart of our business and accelerate the transformation of bp’s business processes across the globe. Driven by the bp values and comprising capabilities in data, procurement, finance and customer service, the GBS centre will drive cutting-edge digital solutions and agile ways of working.
Key Accountabilities and challenges
• Direct line management to a team of 7 - 10 members
• Deliver effective data services by driving an efficient process with continuous improvement and transformation culture in the team environment.
• Drive data science fuelled operations – ensuring analytics driven operations and support transformation of data operations to an intelligent digital operation.
• Develop, coach and lead team members in the delivering data maintenance in accordance to the Service Level Agreement, including key performance indicators, quality vendor operations and BAU operational activities. Types of records include but not limited to customer master, pricing master, material master, vendor master, financial master.
• Ensure the integrity of data input is consistent with the data standards and meets the required levels of completeness. Execute sustainable data quality improvement plans that aligns to data policies and standards.
• Recruit, integrate, train and coach newcomers
• Maintain professional and proactive relationship with all other external and internal teams.
• Resolve outstanding master data enquiries or issues. Ensure knowledge / experience gain is shared across team members.
• Builds capability through inspiring teams to learn new skills, adopt new practices and seek growth opportunities.
• Manages operational relationships with relevant delivery partners.
• Primary point of contact for data management deliverables.
• Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are implemented in compliance to BP HSSE practices and policies.
• Working hours (ANZ/ASPAC/UK/Europe/US shift) to support Business Partners
Qualifications, Competencies & Mindset
Essential Education & Experience
• Tertiary qualification required in Data Structures/ Information Management Systems/ Finance/ Business Administration.
• Team Leadership experience and proven track record in building and leading a team of about 7-10 team members.
• Experienced in recruiting, developing and coaching employees
• Minimum 6-7 years of experience in master data systems management and development; with hands-on experience dealing with data conversion, consolidation, enrichment and harmonisation.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Proven track record on continuous improvement or business process transformation
• Experience in SAP is a must and experience on MDG is preferred
• Direct process management experience including best practices, driving innovation, continuous improvement, technologies, processes, procedures and tools
• Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
• Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
• Engaging and collaborative way of working
• Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment