Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, motivated by best-in-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy company!
About the role
Within BP’s Trading and Shipping Division, and a part of the Global Oil trading business, GDIST trades all products from the middle and bottom of the barrel, in all geographies. A large, global business, it is active in trading, marketing, origination, and above all support to the wider BP Group and its assets. In the bioliquids and renewable transport credit space, GDIST has a very large presence. GDIST has been tasked by the Group to support its ambition to build standalone bioprocessing capacity. As such the requirement is to access >3mmtpa of bio feedstocks, which will be the primary concern of this origination role.
The successful candidate will report to the Global Distillate bench as an employee of T&S, with accountabilities and DOA for the origination of bio feedstocks within region. Working in close collaboration with the T&S trading benches, and GLights and other relevant collaborators, the role will seek out and execute all commercial opportunities in region to maximise feedstocks access, and enable both system production of finished bio products, as well as the monetisation of all relevant flows by the trading desk.
- Identify and originate opportunities to access bio feedstocks.
- Structure and deliver such opportunities into projects and viable opportunities. Work within and enhance the deal approval process to ensure safe, compliant and commercially optimal deal structures. Execute and embed these projects such that they are monetiseable and fit perfectly into the wider portfolio of GDIST trading, and the Group’s system.
- Represent BP externally to counterparties, at conferences, etc., and within various business development forums and with all relevant internal contacts.
- Depending on performance, the role is seen as a key feeder role for succession into other more senior GDIST commercial roles.
Experience and skills required
- The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter that is driven to find opportunities to grow value and be a team player that works well in both global and local teams
- Quickly picks up and able to develop new concepts and ideas
- Strong influencing skills, with an ability to build consensus and engagement across teams, functions and geographies
- Able to manage and build strong counterparty relationships in a short period of time with external and internal parties whom incumbent has not met or worked with before.
- Powerful communicator and influencer
- Strong analytical and logistics skills
- Clearly understands and can articulate the sources of trading value
- Individual must possess team working, influencing, networking & interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels and across organisation
- Prior experience in oil and gas, origination, business development in Oil and Gas, trading, refining commercial operations, refinery planning and optimisation, supply
- Prior external experience in investment banking, trade finance or structuring or management consulting
Why join bp
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!