Customers & Products
Job Family Group:
Supply & Trading Group
We are looking for a motivated and experienced
Biofuels Value Chain Manager Germany & North-West Europe (m/f/d)
fulltime or part-time
At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we achieve net zero by 2050 at the latest. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 66,000 employees worldwide, 4,000 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
How you can help shape the future:
Our organization, being one of the most established and high-growth companies, gives a unique chance to contribute to the energy transition. With a focus on sustainability and growth, we are dedicated to advancing our mission and expanding our commercial footprint.
Join us if you want to work and grow in an entrepreneurial environment with a reputable brand.
As the Midstream Manager for the Biofuels Value Chain (BVC) in North West Europe (NWE), you will play a pivotal role in optimizing and delivering bp's Renewable Energy Directive (RED) compliance within NWE countries. This role entails overseeing all biofuels-related items and maximizing additional compliance options. Included in your role is the responsibility for creating and implementing a quota fulfillment strategy, collaborating with biofuels trading and shipping teams, and ensuring the deployment of agile work principles in line with our net zero aspirations and strategy.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Drive commercial decisions and optimize biofuels sourcing to meet our objectives
- Oversee regional and cross-border biofuels planning activities, including demand forecast and supply plans for the execution of Supply Ops and manage sufficient physical supply to the refining system in alignment with Refining Supply
- Coordinate the activities of biofuels blending and optimize them with relevant teams (Commercial Coordination, Senior Supply, Refining)
- Manage and drive optimization for bp on a European level via managing and strengthening the interface with Trading & Shipping (T&S)
- Be involved in all negotiations (T&S, Supply NWE) and devise performance management for sourcing and blending activities
- Drive short to midterm advocacy activities and coordinate low carbon fuel development options.
Your qualification profile - profound and passionate
- To be considered for this position, candidates must hold a Master's degree in Business Administration or an engineering degree with commercial experience. Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the energy sector, with a strong understanding of international oil markets, risks and volatility
- A deep understanding of biofuels, supply and refining as well as profound knowledge of supply NWE infrastructure, product qualities and respective parameter and biofuels blending, interlinkages with refinery production and legislative context across Europe is required
- Impressive aptitude in negotiation and decision-making, with a focus on customer/partnership
- Possess excellent communication and analytical skills, high ability to understand commercial company date, along with a strategic mindset
- Capability to handle change and adjust favorably to unfamiliar circumstances
- Ability to speak and write fluently in German and English
Work-life balance and what else speaks for us:
- Flexible, hybrid and family-friendly working and programs to improve work-life balance
- Very attractive basic remuneration plus bonus payment, participation in the share program possible, parental allowance as a one-off payment, extra bonuses for special achievements, attractive company pension scheme, regular salary review, group accident insurance, relocation allowance in special cases, job bike, subsidised meals and more
- Job sharing and part-time work
- Career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external subsidised training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programs and buddy support
- Match funding; bp doubles donations made by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
We operate a 60% office, 40% home flexible working policy i.e., we rock a hybrid model and offer the best of both worlds.
We are committed to equality, diversity and the compatibility of work life balance People with a disability are given priority in employment if they are suitable.
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.