The Brand & Communications Director - US will lead an outstanding team of markets, drive regional strategy for the US market, and help evolve an iconic brand in the industry to the next level. You will lead all aspects of the Castrol Masterbrand and all sub brands that fall under the Passenger Car Portfolio. Using analytics and a customer centric mentality, you will partner with cross functional teams to grow this portfolio to deliver brand health objectives and support delivery of volume, turnover and gross margin targets across brands while ensuring that brand communication is consistent and demonstrates equity within the given market to consumers (BTC), customers (BTB) and through customers (BTBTC)!
Location: Our office is based in Wayne, NJ - Expectation for the successful candidate will be ~3 days in offer per week once we return to office.
- Be the commercial specialist for this exciting portfolio of brands
- Develop Country Brand Marketing plans across Lubricants spaces, adopting and adapting global brand strategies and programs.
- Lead development of the consumer engagement strategy; develop and activate social consumer communities via both Online and Offline channels.
- Ensure that communication to & through customers are on brand strategy and align with comms guidelines.
- Build new product launch plans in market; Execute global sponsorship assets in country
- Drive marketing automation using digital standard methodologies
- Provide inputs into global brand teams for new products and ensure all key results for stage gates are delivered for all global projects that are passed on to markets
- Use a multi million dollar marketing budget to drive consumer and customer demand and grow market share
- Supports Vice President Marketing and Vice President Sales, Indirect and Retail on key brand activation programs
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- University degree in Marketing or related field
- MBA or equivalent post graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Marketing
- Prior experience in CPG required, prior experience within the auto experience a plus
- Expertise in CPG Brand Management, marketing communications (including traditional advertising/media, digital, social, PR and influencer marketing), eCommerce and digital marketing
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and handle high volume of work
- Proven experience managing and developing a team
- Substantial experience in B2C and B2B marketing activation, preferred
- Experience leading multiple agencies
- Proven background working in a matrix organization with complex interfaces
Considering Joining our team?
At bp/Castrol, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!
Location: Our preference is for this role to be based in or close to Wayne, NJ but we will consider applicants outside of the market if there is openness for relocation.