Supports the implementation of marketing, brand and comms programmes for the business. Supports the development, management and delivery of strategic programmes for the marketing team and adopts and adapts global brand offers, leveraging consumer & customer insights to drive innovation, defining country plans by brand and managing brand guidelines and policy.
- The Brand and Product Specialist will provide support for power brands helping to develop innovative products & brand offers that deliver volume, turnover and gross margin targets with a bias for In year performance delivery.
- This involves adopting and adapting global brand offers, maximising local consumer & customer insights to drive innovation in execution of such global brand offer as appropriate, defining country plans by brand and running as per global brand guidelines and policy.
- Lead in-country product portfolio in line with the global brand architecture, proposition and guardrails.
- Supports execution of global brand strategies including brand positioning, product, packaging, pricing and channel management.
- Plans for and drives execution of new product launches in defined markets leveraging inputs from global marketing teams to deliver launch objectives
- Supports the development of a brand innovation pipeline plan working closely with global brands teams and cross functional teams as per project needs.
- Develops yearly brand plans by space and channel incorporating key projects in the year & engages with In Country Channel activation teams and Sales teams to drive Brand Performance & key brand health metrics
- Implements ASP plans (media, promotions, events etc) to support brand development objectives in conjunction with the various channel marketing teams and the Brand & Comms team within Hub / Country Marketing
- Identifies opportunities for incremental gross margin growth through cost reduction opportunities on brands being managed.
- Build digital capability in self & works with digital experts internally & externally to guide digital marketing activities for various brands under responsibility
- Follows effective brand management processes in conjunction with global offer development teams to ensure consistent brand implementation. Implements and manages product brand guidelines and policy in accordance with master brand and global product brand guidelines.
- Helps to manage the product range supporting the signing off of additions, deletions and working closely with the Product Line Management team.
- Participation in Digital product Management
Skills & Competencies
- University degree in Marketing or related field
- Experience in Marketing esp. B2B
- Experience of working in a matrix organization
- Lubricants experience desirable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Market Understanding
- Generating and Applying Customer and Consumer Insights
- Translating marketing strategy into marketing plans
- Performance Monitoring
- Brand Management
- Managing the OD&I pipeline & Stage Gate process