Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Purpose of Role
Responsible for eliciting, defining and leading business requirements from partners using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies, to ensure that delivered I&E products and solutions optimally meet those needs, and that business users' expectations are met.
Enables the definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, improving their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits.
The collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital systems.
- Define baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization
- Be familiar with all Scrum ceremonies, roles and responsibilities.
- Define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria via design thinking and agile business analysis principles.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog.
- Work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming.
- Validate what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
- Prioritize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback.
- Facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team applying scrum techniques for effective migration.
- Lead incidents and defects from initial response to prioritisation and resolution.
- Stays in sync with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values and Behaviours.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary education and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of agile business analysis/Agile analysis.
- Knowledge of design thinking.
- Business analysis experience, preferable in an Agile environment.
- Strong communication skills to present and articulate at all levels of the organization.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- The ability to deliver a message optimally and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated to work with limited supervision.
- Ideally experience with Azure DevOps
- Data Management and Data Science
- Digital Innovation
Leadership and EQ:
- Adopts a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Effective team player, who looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others.
- Applies judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Certification (PSC) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).