Innovation & Engineering
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management. Working with us, you can do this by:
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks.
Because together we are:
- · Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors.
- · Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs.
- · Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive.
The Markets & Midstream Digital (MMD) team sits within bp’s Innovation & Engineering (I&E) entity, and supports the digital enablement and acceleration of bp’s Trading, Shipping and Midstream businesses.
The Cross-portfolio team within MMD has a unique cross business focus, bringing shared digital products for use across business lines, and a focus on collaboration within MMD as we set out a digital strategy, roadmap, and collaborative forums to share ideas and best practice.
This role will focus on our Strategy and Operational Excellence activities, bringing teams together to set out a compelling vision for our digital activity and helping our teams engage with our shared agenda
We are looking for a driven, motivated, self-starter Business Analyst to join a small and passionate team who can demonstrate the following
- Comfort with ambiguity, proven ability to bring structure and planning to deliver our agreed goals
- Skill in bringing disparate groups together, understanding shared challenges and pain points, and leading groups towards shared goals with influence
- Experience in application of agile techniques to describe and prioritize work, bringing all stakeholders on the journey to deliver iterative business value
- Commercial focus, and experience in using data to drive decisions
- Adaptability to varied work demands, while not losing the drive of being outcome focused
- Has excellent communication skills to engage and keep engagement of others throughout the organization
- Works with Product Owners on planning and maintaining an up-to-date delivery roadmap with a clear focus on business value. Manages ongoing prioritization of product backlogs within the assigned portfolio
- Support analysis of baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization
- Defines and writes User Stories and Acceptance Criteria via design thinking and agile business analysis principles.
- Produces various business artefacts such as checklists, work item backlogs, stakeholder maps, terms of reference, data dictionaries to facilitate workstream/project delivery
- Works with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming and provide mentorship on future stories. Validates what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria. Helps organize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback.
- Helps facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team
- Produces & shares insights from data following various steps such as data gathering, data transformation and dashboarding
- As a comms manager, provides strategic rigor to the implementation considering the wider context of objectives and the organization, applying messaging frameworks and delivering comms tasks effectively.
- Relationship management with a wide range of senior business stakeholders
- Supports teams in using relevant agile frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Brings together different disciplines to support alignment across the organization.
- A Customer centric mindset - guide our thinking and behaviour in delivering better experiences for our customers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with business & digital acumen (preferably in a STEM subject)
- Qualifications and/or formal training as a Business Analyst
- Scrum qualification and/or experience
- Training/knowledge or experience of service management tools such as ServiceNow, Service Center or Remedy
- Training and/or experience of using data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or other modern data visualization tools
- Business analysis experience, preferable in an Agile environment.
- A good overall knowledge of project delivery, be delivery orientated.
- Can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- The ability to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level.
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment.
- Self-motivated to work with some supervision.
- Ideally experience with Azure Dev Ops or similar tools such as Jira.
- Ability to plan, facilitate & conduct workshops with wide variety of stakeholders