The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for eliciting, defining and managing business requirements from stakeholders using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies. The BA will enable definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving operational processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and calculating the business benefits these changes unlock.
- Facilitate product roadmaps, vision, requirements through meetings and workshops at all user and management levels via design thinking and agile business analysis principles.
- Define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in product backlog grooming.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner / Product Manager and the team to prioritize the product backlog.
- Work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming and provide guidance on future stories.
- Help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensuring objectives are met.
- Validate that delivered software meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
- Organize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback.
- Facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team utilizing scrum of scrum techniques for effective mitigation.
- Facilitate effective deployment by mapping change impact and change management success criteria for users
- Practitioner agile business analysis/agile analysis
- Proven business analysis experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Track record of good interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment
- Self-motivated to work with limited direction
- Experience of tools such as Jira/ ADO etc
- Experience of delivering requirements in Cloud environments
- Effective team player naturally looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and builds trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across I&E and BP.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
- Applies judgment and common sense at scale – able to use insight and good judgement to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency – able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.