We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future.
Join us and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join as Business Development Analyst, Hydrogen, H2 Fifty
Hydrogen, CCUS, and Finance work together to develop hydrogen business models, build new decarbonization capabilities and solutions and managing the performance of future hydrogen and CCUS businesses.
The Business Development Analyst, Hydrogen, H2 Fifty will work in a multi-disciplinary squad to provide high-quality investment valuations of new business opportunities in Hydrogen and CCUS. The squad will be responsible for supporting a broad range of business activities, including strategy development, financial modeling economic and investment evaluation, governance, supporting negotiations (where appropriate) all in service of creating material growth for G&LCE businesses.
The role requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, entrepreneurial idea generation, commercial rigor, and will involve working across bp businesses and external counterparties.
In this role you will:
- Lead the economic modelling of projects and deals
- Manage due diligence of model inputs and challenge assumptions to deliver robust analytics
- Project portfolio analysis and optimization including identification of key value drivers
- Identify and analyze project sensitivities, and deliver actionable insight to maximize commercial value and mitigate risks
- Support commercial and financial structuring of projects
- Network with supporting bp groups to innovate and deliver best practice to projects especially treasury, tax, finance and regulatory teams)
- Support development of presentations to senior management and analysis for internal governance process for project approval
- Live bp's Code of Conduct and models bp's values & behaviours
In this role we have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering, science, technology, business or finance discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the energy or utilities industry in either an engineering, commercial or consulting role
- Demonstrated ability to generate commercial solutions to business challenges
- Strong commercial bias gained from successful development of material deals or projects
- Track record of delivering detailed quantitative analysis using advanced Excel capabilities
- Understanding of commercial contract structures
- Proven communication skills with ability to concisely present work product to business leaders
- Strong performance bias: the ability to deliver with attention to detail under tight timelines and to prioritize effectively
- Understanding of Agile ways of working desirable.
We recognise the contribution you make to our business with a whole range of benefits including a competitive salary, benefits and work environment for our staff as well as being committed to your ongoing professional development. We provide also phenomenal environment such as inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, and life & health insurance, medical care package.
This position is office based at our central Dutch BP office near our BP Refinery - Europoort Rotterdam with travelling 1-2 days a week