Grade GResponsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.
The IGP China team monitors the two joint ventures’ performance and manages BP’s relationship with JV partners, relevant government authorities. Meanwhile, the team is actively exploring new growth opportunities for BP in the China gas market. The position holder will identify, assess and develop new business opportunities to optimize the asset value for BP and to grow our business in China. The position holder will lead negotiation for Terminal Usage Agreement for new terminal project and develop downstream marketing strategy and implementation.
- Establish and enhance business relationship with key local companies for market intelligence and potential new business opportunities; Actively work on new project development
- Lead negotiation for Terminal Usage Agreement for new terminal project and develop downstream marketing strategy and implementation.
- Support management to develop and maintain the relationship with partners and relevant government authorities, including setting up senior management meetings, preparing pre-read, talking notes, attending the meetings and compiling meeting memorandum, etc.;
- Identify and develop new options leveraging on existing assets as well as with new partners/customers. Develop business case and project development plan for the potential opportunities identified in Gas China strategy
- Conduct commercial analysis and identify the key risks and mitigation plans. Work with BP functions to understand any technical, commercial, legal or tax implications;
- Prepare project briefing papers and notes seek internal support;
- Collect and consolidate market intelligence and comprehensively analyses the demand & supply balance in China gas market and identify supply opportunities and key market uncertainties and risks;
- Support BP Singapore LNG origination team in commencing and advancing supply discussions with potential Chinese buyers.
- Business acuteness and strong analytical capability
- Strong ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Around 10 years in energy business with JV management experience and project development experience in particular gas business
- Have a deep understanding of LNG terminal commercial operation and terminal usage agreement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to influence partners and senior management
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Be flexible in multi-tasking and willing to take challenges
- A good team–player
- Preferably with profound understanding of gas business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.