Responsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.
- This role is responsible for leading the assigned BD project/initiatives under Castrol China growth strategy to deliver the business growth projects.
- This role will significantly contribute to transform the business and drive the 2nd wave of growth
- Understand the mega trends and implications on automotive and energy industries broadly, able to identify and originate the opportunities to bring the strategy into implementation
- Take lead on the designated project by working with the virtual project team consisting of multiple disciplines and functions, able to drive the project progress holistically and hold others to accountable for each workstream delivery.
- Well understand the internal and external process of investment, M&A, JV set up, able to manage the critical path and interdependency to ensure the clear project delivery plan
- Identify the sources of values for the project, develop the business case with support from the team, able to articulate the strategic values and commercial values clearly
- Lead and manage the external negotiation, have good commercial judgement and analytic ability to manage the complexity and uncertainty, and recommend solutions and options
- Manage the engagement with senior stakeholders externally and internally, able to handle the different priorities and land common interests
- Work with wider internal teams including both local and global teams and functions, able to mobilize resources when required
- Take do-learn-do approach, quickly learn new things and identify the critical control points with support from subject matter experts
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, an MBA or higher degree would be value added.
- More than 10 years of commercial experience in a matrix organization with track record of delivery of business development, preferably for merger & acquisition
- Good knowledge and experience about investment, familiar on economic evaluation methodology
- Experience of strategic planning or project management is preferred
- Key account management, negotiation experience with senior stakeholders
- Team leader experience is essential to lead a virtual team
- Strong leadership, good interpersonal and influence skills
- Solid commercial skills and investment knowledge, able to identify and develop values to business quickly
- Strong ownership to drive project delivery
- Strong analytical skills, sound financial modelling and economic evaluation knowledge
- Ability for planning and prioritization, structure thinking, able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Fluent English in written and spoken