This role focuses on leading the market’s new business development, exploring the new business models and channel management, driving the value selling capabilities agenda and enhancing our propositions to achieve the significant and sustainable business growth. The role will lead the holistic analysis of growth strategy in the market and drive the critical business decisions to be part of the Castrol/BP new strategic anchors.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Develop business development strategy for the market.
- Deliver financial performance targets for inorganic business growth.
- Lead new business model and channel development to serve sustainable long-term value creation target for the company.
- Plan and organize effective projects and processes under the defined BD strategy to ensure the desired outcome can be achieved.
- Manage high level senior relationships with key strategic business partners externally, with strong future focus and long-term business insights.
- Drive Castrol global\\PU\\market specific projects as relevant for business development
- Lead market level business development initiatives, including new and leading-edge business platform development.
- Build the enduring capability of hunting and nurturing new business opportunities through the BD team.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant E&C and OMS elements, ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, an MBA or higher degree would be value added.
- Relevant business experience, preferably with track record of delivery of business development
- Deep understanding of the market trends, competitive landscape, and business ecosystem in the market.
- Well-connected network of local resources to develop business opportunities through both organic and inorganic approaches
- Rich understanding of channels and value pools in the business
Skills and Competencies
- Hands-on skills in planning and executing skills for new businesses, product categories, partnerships and investments
- Strong capability managing negotiations at senior level
- Strong communication and influence skills, with fluent both written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment, and prioritize duties accordingly
- Ability to work effectively with functional support teams to achieve aligned positions
Grade G Responsible for providing highly advanced specialist product and application support and/or managing complex offers to direct/B2B customers through leading a team of representatives, ensuring the most appropriate solutions and technical services are delivered and continuously seeking technical capability improvement. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.